Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Policy brief & purpose
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy refers to our responsibility toward our environment, employees and supply chain. Our company exists to create a feel good, caring environment and community for our customers, and we are focused on ensuring this value is across our supply chain too.
We strive to be a responsible business that meets excellent standards of ethics and professionalism.
We have broken our CSR policy into two components: compliance and proactiveness.
Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and dedication to our core values. Proactiveness is the work we undertake and initiatives we implement to protect our environment and help causes close to our hearts.
- Respect the law
- Honour our internal policies
- Ensure, as far as reasonably possible, our manufacturers operate ethically and treat workers fairly
We have always, and always will conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We commit to promoting and ensuring:
- Safety and fair dealing with all our manufacturers
- Respect toward the consumer
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labor practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country.
Protecting our employees
We ensure that we:
- Don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community.
- Support diversity and inclusion.
Our manufacturers are extremely important to us. As a company it is essential that we know our manufacturers are safe, fair and equitable places to work. As such we take the following steps to ensure this:
- We visit and inspect the manufacturing premises where possible.
- Our manufacturers sign a contract to ensure they provide safe, fair working environments that do not employ children or exploit workers.
We proactively look at ways to better ourselves and improve the impact we are having.
Protecting the environment
Our company recognises the need to protect the natural environment.
We are committed to:
- Committed to using recycled fabrics where we can.
- Committed using biodegradable corn starch and recycled paper for as much of our product packaging as possible.
- Committed to using recycled plastic or biodegradable mail bags.
- Our Sydney office is Carbon Neutral and supports climate action projects.
We provide mental health and wellbeing support to all part and full time employees in the form of a premium yearly membership to the Calm app.
Donations and aid
For every purchase you make on our store, we will donate £1 of the order value to a cause or charity (which you can choose from a drop down at the cart page). This is not adding money to your total or an opt-in donation. It will apply to every purchase you make. Learn about the current charities we are supporting here.
We will be open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas. We will try to continuously improve the way it operates.